Media, Newtown Square, Wallingford, Swarthmore and Delaware County, PA
Dental crowns have many uses in both cosmetic and general dentistry. Also known as “caps,” dental crowns are shaped, sized, and colored to match adjacent teeth, and may be used for reasons including:
- Protecting a tooth weakened by decay
- Preventing trauma to a tooth that is chipped, cracked, fractured, or broken
- Protecting a tooth with a large dental filling or following a root canal
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- As a prosthetic tooth for a dental implant
- Covering misshapen teeth
If you believe your smile could benefit from dental crowns, please call 610-566-0291 today to schedule an appointment with Media, Pennsylvania dentist Dr. Gregory Hillyard.
Types of Dental Crowns
Dr. Hillyard offers the following dental crown options:
- All-porcelain crowns – these crowns look and feel just like your natural teeth and are most commonly used in cosmetic dentistry procedures
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal – these crowns provide a natural look and feel, but may be stronger and better suited for teeth that bear more bite tension
- Gold crowns – used primarily on back teeth, gold crowns can sustain significant bite tension and are not likely to wear down
Dr. Hillyard prefers to provide all-porcelain restorations whenever possible, but in certain situations he may recommend a porcelain-fused-to-metal crown or a gold crown to achieve the best possible results. During your dental crown examination, Dr. Hillyard will take several factors into consideration to determine the type of crown best suited to meet your needs.
Placing Dental Crowns
Placing your dental crown will occur over two office visits. During your first visit, Dr. Hillyard will prepare your tooth to allow the crown to fit seamlessly into your smile. He will then make an impression of your teeth which will be sent to our local dental lab partners where your dental crown will be created to Dr. Hillyard’s exact specifications. You will be fitted with a temporary crown to wear until your permanent crown is ready.
Once your customized crown has been made, you will return to our office to have it placed. Dr. Hillyard will take all the time necessary to ensure your new crown is comfortable and matches adjacent teeth in appearance before finally affixing it.
To learn more about the many ways dental crowns can perfect and strengthen your smile, please contact Dr. Gregory Hillyard today to schedule your initial dental appointment. We serve patients in Media, Newtown Square, Wallingford, Swarthmore, and Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- About Us
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Before & After
- Dental Financing
- Contact Us