Media, Newtown Square, Wallingford, Swarthmore and Delaware County, PA
Dental implants are the most effective and long lasting option to replace a missing tooth. They are the only option that replaces both your missing tooth and root. This helps you maintain a comfortable bite and reduces the risk of jawbone deterioration and additional tooth loss down the road.
To find out if you are a suitable candidate, please call 610-566-0291 today to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Gregory Hillyard at our Media, Pennsylvania dental office.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer you a number of important benefits compared with alternatives such as dentures or dental bridges:
- Aesthetics – Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth.
- Improved speech – Poor-fitting dentures tend to slip, causing you to slur or mumble when you speak. Because dental implants fuse with your jawbone, they become a permanent restoration and eliminate the slippage issues associated with removable dentures.
- Improved chewing/eating ability – Dentures can slide when chewing, creating problems when you eat certain foods. Dental implants function just like your natural teeth and are made to withstand the extreme forces exerted while chewing, allowing you to eat all of your favorite foods whenever you like.
- Durability – When properly cared for, dental implants can last for the rest of your life.
- Improved oral health – Dental implants do not require adjacent teeth to be altered the way dental bridges do. This will preserve the long term health of these neighboring teeth. Dental implants also prevent bone loss from occurring, which will reduce the risk of additional tooth loss down the road.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Ideal candidates for dental implants:
- Have sufficient jawbone density to accommodate the implant
- Have healthy teeth and gums
- Do not suffer from uncontrolled diabetes or autoimmune diseases
- Are prepared to commit to a treatment plan that may take six months or longer to complete
If you do not have enough bone structure to accommodate the dental implant, a bone graft may be performed to allow you to undergo the procedure. If you suffer from gum disease, you will need to have it treated prior to getting dental implants.
Your Dental Implant Procedure
Dr. Hillyard works closely with local oral surgeons and periodontists in order to achieve the best possible outcome with your dental implant procedure. He functions as the leader of this team, communicating regularly with the oral surgeon or periodontist to let them know precisely where he wants the implant placed.
When creating the dental crown that will be used as your new prosthetic tooth, Dr. Hillyard works with a local lab in order to maintain better communication. This improved communication with the lab ensures you will achieve the best aesthetic result. Your new prosthetic tooth will look and function exactly like your other natural teeth, and it will blend in seamlessly with your smile.
Please contact Dr. Gregory Hillyard today to schedule your dental implant consultation. We serve patients in Media, Newtown Square, Swarthmore, Wallingford, and Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
- About Us
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Before & After
- Dental Financing
- Contact Us