Your Media, PA dental team is back in the office and here to address your dental needs. While many things have changed as a result of COVID-19, one thing has remained the same: our continued commitment to your health and safety. Our team spent the 8 weeks at home researching and purchasing equipment and finding ways to implement new best practices to keep our patients safe.
Our Improvements to Keep You Safe
- Medify Air Purifiers in EVERY room – This means one in each of our 5 operatories, one in our waiting room, and one in our front desk area. These HEPA filters containing air purifiers turn over the air in a 420 square foot room in 15 minutes. (Our operatories are under 250 sq feet each)
- Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) masks, the leading protection standard in healthcare, for all of our hygienists, assistants, and dentists. This is what the CDC calls the highest level of protection available. The Optrel e3000x PAPR system is a helmet connected via a hose to an air-filtrating battery pack worn around our waists. The TH3 filter in the battery pack removes 99.8% of harmful solid and fluid particles, providing even more protection than an N95 mask.
- Fluid resistant gowns changed and washed after EVERY patient where an aerosol could potentially be generated.
- PureVac high-speed suction mirrors for all hygiene appointments. These mirrors remove 90% more aerosols than low-speed saliva ejectors.
- 2 days prior to your appointment, we request you complete our electronic COVID screening questionnaire. This questionnaire will also be asked of you immediately upon entering our office to make sure we only allow symptom – free patients into our office.
- When you enter we will take both your temperature AND your pulse oxidation level to verify you are exhibiting no COVID symptoms.
- ALL patients are asked to rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse for 1 minute upon sitting in the dental chair and removing their masks. This has been shown in studies to dramatically reduce viral load in the oral cavity.
- Doors were installed on ALL operatories to create a closed, personal, individual space for patient treatments. Doors remain closed during treatment while the Medify air purifier is continually running to turn over and clean the air in the room in just a few minutes.
- UV Air scrubbers were installed on our HVAC systems to sanitize all circulating air in the office as it passes through our air ducts.
Cleanliness and sterilization are always a top priority at our practice. We continue our strict sterilization protocols throughout our office. Our office follows and goes beyond the infection control recommendations made by the ADA, CDC, & OSHA. We follow the activities of these agencies and stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance they issue.
PPE and Appointment Precautions
Our office is following medical precautions to reduce direct contact, which is why we utilize Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) to protect ourselves and our patients. These state-of-the-art headgear and filtration systems from clearmaxx are NIOSH approved and about the best respiratory protection available. By wearing PPE, our dental staff prevents the transmission of infection often released by sneezing, coughing, or speaking.
At your next appointment, you will see and experience additional infection control protocols we are currently implementing in our practice.
- Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask screening questions on your current health. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Upon arrival please remain in your car and call us at (610 566 0291) to let us know that you have arrived.
- We ask that you wear your own mask into the building.
- Please use the provided Hand Sanitizer when you arrive.
We will take your temperature, check your oxygen level, and ask you screening questions for any possible symptoms. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We strive to go above and beyond to make our office the best and safest dental office it can possibly be. Our goal is to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy. In addition, we are NOT charging an additional PPE fee.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To schedule an appointment, please call our office: 610 566-0291. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.